Staff Physician - Part Time
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 15107
Job Family: Physicians
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Temporary
Department Name: 21051017239025-Flex Staff
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
Serves as an attending physician for patients admitted to Charlotte Institute of Rehabilitation; reviews patients seeking admission and determines their rehabilitation potential, and plans appropriate treatment programs for inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation. Performs consultation office visits, hospital visits and related services within the spectrum of medical rehabilitation.
- Performs initial evaluation on each patient to determine rehabilitation potential and needs. Appropriately follows patients' progress throughout the rehabilitation course.
- Plans an appropriate treatment program for the patient within the guidelines established by the Medical Director.
- Initiates prescriptions to be followed by the appropriate therapies.
- Serves as the attending physician to the patient during their inpatient rehabilitation program and conducts periodic re-evaluations of each patient to determine progress and indication for change or discontinuance of treatment.
- Keeps complete records of all services provided and the patient's progress.
- Periodically serves 'on call' to assure continuous medical supervision for all inpatients. Assigned specific night, weekend, and holiday as physician on duty. Makes hospital rounds with nursing on days assigned and is available for all emergency needs during the period assigned.
- Performs medical rehabilitation services in affiliated institutions.
- Participates in institutional approved research and education activities.
- Participates in education of residents and medical students as established by the Medical Director.
Graduate of an accredited school of medicine with either a MD or DO degree. At least one year of post-graduate medical training (internship). Must be either board eligible or certified, either in boards recognized by the American Board of Specialists or the American Osteopathic Board for the practice of medicine.