Teammate Relations Advisor (HR Consultant II)
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 14568
Job Family: Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342315-Human Resources Teammate Relations
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Provides consultative services and support for human resource issues and initiatives which impacts leaders and teammates. Makes recommendations to leader for the development, design, and roll out of programs and initiatives with guidance from HR leaders and team members. Acts as a subject matter expert on policies, procedures, and fundamentals of all core areas of human resources for teammates and leaders. Ideal candidates will have relevant experience in employee relations, including investigations, issue resolution, terminations, severance, disciplinary action, policy interpretation and reductions in force.
- Provides advice and consultation to leaders regarding complex issues for assigned division. Conducts and participates in surveys, prepares internal analyses, develops statistical compilations, cost analyses, internal surveys, and prepares queries.
- Leads and actively participates on project teams in the development and implementation of comprehensive programs and change initiatives.
- Consults with leaders to plan and collect data to assess workplace environment by analyzing employee relations indicators (grievances, teammate engagement survey, turnover, etc.) and recommends programs or actions.
- Works collaboratively with leaders to identify and apply best practices, to recognize recurring issues, problems, and trends that may require a recalibration of human resources policy and practice across the system, and to ensure that assigned division is receiving the highest level of System experience and expertise possible.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the assigned division and provide HR services to strategically drive results with the goal of increasing teammate satisfaction and retention.
- Provides the full range of HR tools, products, advice, services and solutions in resolving medium complexity teammates relations (TR) issues.
- Demonstrates and maintains a deep, comprehensive HR employment knowledge and functions as a key resource for interpretation of and compliance with HR employment law, regulations and policies.
- Facilitates internal resolution process and resolution hearings.
- Focuses on balancing business needs against organizational risk.
- Uses sound judgment and knowledge of investigative techniques to establish an investigation plan, prepare investigative summaries and closure letters.
- Advises leaders and HR Business Partners on teammate relations and employment matters by helping to develop the appropriate course of prevention, action and follow-up.
- Follow SLA’s and meets KPI’s within the department.
- Provides professional counsel and assistance to teammates and all levels of management and HR Business Partners for policy interpretation, performance management, counselings for improved performance and end of employment decisions.
- Incorporates diversity and inclusion principles into the handling of issues by proactively identifying potential D&I challenges, assessing for adverse impact of protected groups and liaising with the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, as needed.
- Leads identification, education and analysis of a variety of issues that require in-depth review of policies and labor law legislation.
- Maintains policies and procedures to ensure compliance with best practices surrounding all applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations.
Work requires typing, filing, use of telephone and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Stretching, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling are required a moderate amount of the time. May lift and carry up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis. Some standing and walking is required. Must speak and understand English fluently. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and concentrate effectively. Good hearing is required for related communications.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required. 3 years of related experience required. HR certification (i.e., CCP, PHR, SPHR or CEBS) preferred based on role. Has excellent oral and written communication skills. Has strong computer and customer service skills. Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred. Proficient in PeopleSoft and a similar HRIS preferred.
Additional Education and Competencies:
- Bachelors Degree required in human resources or related course of study. Master's degree and SHRM certification preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in employee relations, including investigations, issue resolution, terminations, severance, disciplinary action, policy interpretation and reductions in force preferred.
- Strong customer focus with ability to work independently without direction.
- Strong analysis, presentation and consultative skills for interpreting and communicating with teammates at all levels about HR policy.
- Strong EQ with the ability to effectively manage conflict.
- Ability to provide advice, direction and counsel to other team members.
- Skilled at deescalating conflicts and encouraging and/or empowering teammates and leaders to assume ownership of the issue or the problem at hand.
- Ability to lead projects, create presentations and communicate effectively to large groups and senior leadership in person or online a plus.
- Maintains appropriate confidences .based on an awareness of content and intended audience.