Dental Assistant II - Operating Room
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 12678
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005630170-Operating Room
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
Performs clinical duties to include assisting with procedures, taking and developing x-rays, and other related duties under supervision. Provides education to residents and other hospital staff as needed in the delivery of efficient four-handed dentistry.
- Provides orientation to patients of the Dental Clinic.
- Prepares operatories for the delivery of patient care.
- Participates in the care of special needs patients, including patients from other departments, facilities, and hospital inpatients, as well as patients who are medically-compromised or mentally/physically challenged.
- Takes, develops, and mounts x-rays as ordered.
- Assists dentists with examinations to include obtaining and recording vital signs, and charting in the dental record.
- Assists dentists with routine and complex procedures, including but not limited to periodontal surgery, complicated endodontic treatment, takes impressions for study models and opposing casts, and oral maxillofacial surgery.
- Performs laboratory procedures such as fabricating diagnostic models, temporary restorations, and interim oral appliances.
- Performs preventative patient care procedures such as sealant application, coronal tooth polishing and topical fluoride application, as requested by the dentist.
- Conducts patient education (post-op care, oral hygiene and preventive care).
- Consults with dentists, nursing personnel, and clerical staff to help ensure continuity of care.
Work requires walking, bending, long periods of sitting and standing, assisting with procedures. Must be able to lift 75 pounds in weight, handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must have intact sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or clinical conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Qualified as a Dental Assistant II per current Dental Laws of North Carolina. 6 months experience in dental healthcare preferred. Requires the ability to operate and assist in preventative maintenance of all dental equipment. Requires excellent communication skills. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.