Float Pool Armed Security Officer- Day Shift- FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 12641
Job Family: Protective Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005041814-Security
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Oversees a fixed post or patrols an assigned area to preserve peace and order, to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the team members, patients, visitors, and property of the System. Reports any unauthorized or suspicious persons, unsafe conditions or other irregularities. First responder to any imminent threat to life or safety.
- Enforces the rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to team members, patients, and visitors.
- Documents observations, hazards, and incidents for follow-up corrective action.
- Appropriately and effectively intervenes when unruly, abusive, combative, threatening or armed persons are encountered.
- Communicates in a calm, factual, objective and courteous manner with all persons with whom communication or collaboration are necessary.
- Initial armed response to any imminent situation that threatens the life or safety of anyone on the System's property.
- Takes immediate corrective action against hazards and conditions which may cause injury or damage, utilizing training and authority granted under NC Private Protective services and pursuant to NC General Statute.
- Reports any actions needed or taken to upper management. Acts as Field Training Officer.
- Successfully completes all mandated in-service training related to NC Private Protective Services Board to maintain armed security licensure.
- Demonstrates capability of communicating and demonstrating all skills required for the position as assessed through periodic skills assessments. Maintains all training and competency as required to maintain NC Private Protective Services Armed Security certification.
May have to run, or exert intense physical effort in moving or restraining others. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others. Walks/stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside in a fast-paced environment. May be exposed to unfavorable weather conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School diploma/GED required. Must possess a valid NC or SC driver’s license. Must be at least 21 years of age. 2 years experience in private security (healthcare and/or armed preferred), security-related military, or law enforcement required. Ability to obtain and maintain an Armed Guard license as required by the NC Private Protective Services. Must complete or have completed training from the System that includes but is not limited to: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics, baton, TASER, and firearms. Must successfully complete the System's minimum standards for armed security officers including acceptable firearms proficiency, background investigation, physical ability and psychological testing within 90 days of hire. Must obtain IAHSS Basic and Advanced Certification within 1 year of hire.