Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 14222
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 52031082940906-Accounting Services
Responsible for oversight of the accounting and financial reporting operations and practices that will ensure strong internal controls and financial integrity for Atrium Health Navicent.
- Oversees the monthly close process; journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany eliminations, and other analysis in support of the Central and South GA (Navicent) Region closing processes.
- Coordinating the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including overseeing the annual audit and ensuring audit requests are met in a timely manner.
- Research and evaluate the impact of new and newly applicable accounting pronouncements and guidance; incorporate & modify financial reporting and disclosure requirements arising from new pronouncements.
- Operate effectively within a matrix organization, particularly in coordination with other business unit leadership regionally and at the enterprise level, influencing and leading, using relationships and technical influence, versus positional or hierarchical influence.
- Evaluating the technical competence, effectiveness, and productivity of the team, striving to continually and cost-effectively improve performance.
- Responsible for the company's accounting functions and leading systems and process improvement initiatives for accounting and financial reporting
- Responsible for leading compliance, accounting policy & control, and governance across the organization.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to the process, controls, and systems to support financial reporting and the broader finance organization; collaborate with other stakeholders.
- Partner and execute on other finance related projects and initiatives as needed.
What is required:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
Five years healthcare financial leadership experience
Ten years of progressive accounting/finance experience, experience in a large multi entity environment, experience working in a fast paced, dynamic, results oriented environment with a proven track record of successfully managing teams in an organization that changes and innovation.
Licensure as a Certified Public Accountant