Clinical Lead LPN - Ambulatory
Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 12122
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Specialty: Family Medicine
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 30441037233173-Family Medicine
Location: Lincolnton - 3970 NC-27
Provides quality care, education and management of patients. Manages the CMA/RMA and LPN teammates using the guidelines, procedures and policies set by leadership and in accordance with governmental and other regulatory standards.
- Serves primarily as a second Flow but fills in where necessary working with providers
- Arranges for the provision of appropriate care for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric population of patients.
- Manages the clinical response time for messages, prescriptions and lab results and provides the highest level of customer service.
- Performs medication administration including injections and immunizations.
- Takes vital signs and patient assessment prior to physician visit.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to the physician following procedures, medication administration or treatments.
- Assists providers during procedures and examination and performs instrument and room clean up in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Schedules and monitors clinical teammate PTO, schedules and assignments.
- Provides patient education regarding disease process, medication use, contraindications, and collection of samples.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Must speak, read and write basic English fluently. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell and touch. Manual finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
3 years medical office experience required. BLS certification required. Must maintain current certification. LPN: Graduate of an Accredited School of Professional Nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse with current license to practice in the state in which one works required.