Oversees the overall activities of the competitive bid/sourcing process. Utilizes complex
negotiating skills with suppliers to finalize terms and conditions for the Atrium Health Enterprise and Atrium Health Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA) arrangements. Performs complex analyses of high dollar volume, high SKU (product) count, and/or purchased services contracts; collaborates, solicits feedback, and/or provides guidance to other teammates such as Clinical Value, Analysis, Member Services, Capital, Acquisitions, and Operations, as needed.
- Performs strategic contract negotiations with suppliers for terms and conditions to ensure most favorable outcomes/operations. Develops negotiation strategy, identifies potential barriers and constructs a negotiation timeline. Facilitates ongoing communication between the supplier, legal, IAS, finance, management, etc. to allow for timely completion of terms and conditions and to mitigate risks (prevent business disruption, ensure business continuity, logistics reviews, etc.) throughout the contract process.
- Negotiates, administers, extends, terminates and renegotiates standard and nonstandard contracts. Maintains communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties. Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Develops design related elements for contract sourcing strategy, including collaborating with operational stakeholders, as appropriate, to develop minimum attributes for the contract and the competitive sourcing strategy. Collaborates with teammates and operational stakeholders to define Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and other metrics to evaluate vendor performance for supply chain contracts.
- Creates respective bid documents (i.e., Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote, etc.) for solicitation/distribution to suppliers for specific product and/or service categories.
- Facilitates the competitive bid process ensuring timely supplier proposal submissions and adherence to bid protocols and deadlines.
- Reviews and analyzes sourcing data, market trends, benchmarking best practices, and maintains market awareness to provide continuous improvements for sourcing strategy. Conducts cost savings analyses within Microsoft Excel for proposal submissions from suppliers. Negotiates with suppliers based on analysis outcome. Ensures all savings are tracked per team requirements to meet overall savings goals.
- Creates presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint summarizing proposal responses received from suppliers. Provides final recommendations to respective clinical teams or operational stakeholders for decision/contract award. Ensures maximum leverage of the collective purchasing power of the Atrium Health Enterprise and AHSCAby exercising sound business judgement around how and what to incorporate into contract terms.
- Conducts or participates in annual, bi-annual, or quarterly business reviews with suppliers to understand trends within specific product categories, contract compliance issues, new product technology opportunities, etc.
- Reviews contract assignments ongoing to ensure contract portfolio is up-to-date.
- Communicates contract updates to AHSCA membership and/or Atrium Health Enterprise in advance of contract expiration to allow for timely updates.
- Develops, conducts, and evaluates process/procedure improvement opportunities and individual/team training needs.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Stretching and bending required to access files and assist in conducting physical inventories. Manual dexterity for keying and retrieving data from automated systems. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. May lift up to twenty pounds occasionally. Must be able to handle many varied, time sensitive and stressful tasks and assign priorities and individuals appropriately.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree with courses in healthcare, supply chain, accounting, economics, and business law or 5 years’ experience in healthcare supply chain/procurement required. Bachelors Degree in Materials and Logistics Management or Supply Chain preferred. Prior experience with contract negotiations is required. Must have demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and verbal/written communication. Masters Degree, CMRP, or other related certification a plus. Knowledge and ability to use personal computer and related software preferred; Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required. The ability to deliver and utilize strategic sourcing and negotiating skills, value analysis techniques and complex cost analyses is essential.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Personal computer/laptop, copier, copier, printer, facsimile, telephone, conference
lines/virtual communications and all related office equipment and supplies.