Under limited direction, oversees the overall activities of the competitive bid/sourcing process. Strategically negotiates with suppliers resulting in the successful support of the Atrium Health Enterprise and Atrium Health Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA) arrangements. Performs complex analyses of high dollar volume, high SKU (product) count, and/or purchased services contracts. Manages, coaches, and mentors Sourcing Analysts and/or Associate Sourcing Analysts. Collaborates, solicits feedback, and/or provides guidance to other teammates such as Clinical Value Analysis, Member Services, Capital, Acquisitions, and Operations, as needed.
- Responsible for the direct management and/or leadership of Sourcing Analysts or Associate Sourcing Analysts.
- Oversees and leads team process improvement efforts and advises where LEAN principles are to be applied/utilized. Designs cross-functional opportunities across various contracting teams to ensure standardization. Maintains version control of all standard work documents and templates. Arranges additional training and education, as needed, across all contracting teams.
- Communicates contract updates to AHSCA membership and/or Atrium Health Enterprise in advance of contract expiration to allow for timely updates.
- Performs strategic contract negotiations with suppliers and/or provides guidance to Sourcing Analysts and Associate Sourcing Analysts for terms and conditions to ensure most favorable outcomes/operations. Develops negotiation strategy, identifies potential barriers and constructs a negotiation timeline. Facilitates ongoing communication between the supplier, legal, IAS, finance, management, etc. to allow for timely completion of terms and conditions and to mitigate risks (prevent business disruption, ensure business continuity, logistics reviews, etc.) throughout the contract process..
- Negotiates, administers, extends, terminates and renegotiates standard and nonstandard contracts. Maintains communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties. Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Creates respective bid documents (i.e., Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote, etc.) for solicitation/distribution to suppliers for specific product and/or service categories.
- Facilitates the competitive bid process, ensuring timely supplier proposal submissions and adherence to bid protocols and deadlines.
- Reviews and analyzes sourcing data, market trends, benchmarking best practices, and maintains market awareness to provide continuous improvements for sourcing strategy. Conducts accurate and complex financial analysis of proposal submissions from all suppliers in Microsoft Excel. Leads further negotiations with suppliers based on analysis outcome. Ensures all savings are tracked per team requirements to meet overall savings goals.
- Creates or reviews presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint summarizing proposal responses received from suppliers and additional market research. Benchmarks overall competitiveness and provides final recommendations to respective clinical teams or operational stakeholders for decision/contract award. Ensures maximum leverage of the collective purchasing power of the Atrium Health Enterprise and AHSCA by exercising sound business judgement around how and what to incorporate into contract terms.
- Conducts or participates in annual, bi-annual, or quarterly business reviews with suppliers to understand trends within specific product categories, contract compliance issues, new product technology opportunities, etc.
- Reviews contract assignments to ensure contract portfolio is up-to-date.
- Identifies, researches and coordinates with the appropriate Atrium Health Enterprise and/or AHSCA stakeholders to resolve highly complex and/or escalated contract or operational issues.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Stretching and bending required to access files and assist in conducting physical inventories. Manual dexterity for keying and retrieving data from automated systems. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. May lift up to twenty pounds occasionally. Must be able to handle many varied, time sensitive and stressful tasks and assign priorities and individuals appropriately.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree with courses in healthcare, supply chain, accounting, economics, and business law or 8 years’ experience in healthcare supply chain/procurement required. Bachelor’s Degree in Materials and Logistics Management or Supply Chain preferred. Prior experience with contract negotiations is required. Must have demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and verbal/written communication. Master’s Degree, CMRP, or other related certification a plus. Team lead or supervisory experience preferred. Must have a thorough understanding of the legalities of supply chain contracting, business trends in the healthcare market and ‘best practices’ with respect to contracting processes and procedures. Knowledge and ability to use personal computer and related software preferred; Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required. The ability to deliver and utilize strategic sourcing and negotiating skills, value analysis techniques and complex cost analyses is essential.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Personal computer/laptop, copier, copier, printer, facsimile, telephone, conference
lines/virtual communications and all related office equipment and supplies.