Leads the development and execution of Strategic Services Group resources to ensure success of the SSG projects that drive the development and execution of the Systems roadmap. Provides thought leadership and direction to initiatives requiring the interfacing of strategy, analytics and intelligence. Focuses on Strategic Initiatives and works directly with executives, service line leaders, and other Strategic Services leaders, advances those initiatives through the application of expert analytics and insights.
- Leads a complex, highly skilled team or portfolio of projects and works under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Develops, manages, prioritizes and executes multiple, concurrent projects involving multiple constituencies across the System
- Advises senior executive team on matters related to strategic analytics and intelligence or strategic planning maintaining confidentiality of all information
- Leads the development and execution of the most critical and complex projects within SSG
- Leads the identification of business needs for projects driving strategy execution
- Completes multi-level analysis of operational and market data to establish strategic direction.
- Provides clear and concise written summaries of findings and methods in preparation for client deliverables
- Prepares and presents compelling deliverables to influence the client’s decision-making
- Leads SSG departmental initiatives as a member of the SSG leadership team
Additional Essential Functions
- Collaborate with leaders to align with the enterprise strategy, develop Certificate of Need (CON) and implement regulatory related strategies and plans for enterprise regions and related markets by: planning, analyzing, developing, leading, managing, and transitioning strategic intelligence, business need analysis, market performance, resource, and/or necessary regulatory applications for desired growth needs.
- Participate in state meetings and communications, and collaborate with CON consultants and attorneys, to ensure and provide on-going planning and analysis and advise leadership on various issues including changes in State healthcare regulations, health policy relations to CON and regulatory items that would have a direct impact on enterprise initiatives, including expansion, relocation, etc.
- Serve as the enterprise lead in the development, production and submission of Certificate of Need (CON) applications and other regulatory filings such as letters of no review, exemption requests and licensure documentation as needed; serve as public health planning expert for CON litigation and provides expert opinions for all relevant health system CON legal cases as necessary. Develop leadership presentations and talking points for CON application hearings. Evaluates competitor CON applications, develops comments and serves as health system lead in determining whether or not to file comments.
- Serves as a liaison between enterprise leaders and regional stakeholders.
Works in an office environment, sitting at a desk, working with a computer, talking on the telephone, and preparing reports and other statistical data. Some time is spent in meetings at a variety of facilities, makes presentation and offers advice to System executives. Occasionally requires standing, walking and traveling in personal car to other facilities. Occasionally requires carries up to 20 pounds of materials (files, projectors, laptops). Works rapidly and accurately under pressure, to work in a safe and effective manner, and to handle different issues and priorities simultaneously.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred.10 years of experience required. Demonstrated executive presence among other leaders and executives required. Demonstrated expertise in an analytic domain critical to SSG is required. Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools is required.
Additional Training and Certifications
10 years of experience in healthcare strategy, business, financial planning, healthcare operations, or consulting is required, experience in Certificate of Need or Portfolio Management preferred. Experience managing complex projects and executive stakeholders required.