Manager - Patient Registration
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 10840
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341613-Patient Access Administration
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Provides leadership, motivation and guidance to the department. Manages admitting, pre-service, outpatient registration, and ED functions. Assist Management Team in setting goals for the departments and action plans to achieve these goals.
- Provides guidance and feedback on employee performance through the auditing and screening of registration work and various computer reports. Processes performance appraisals prior to due date.
- Reviews and assures that employee time is recorded accurately. Produces and keeps a current department record (attendance and counseling sheets).
- Oversees daily cash management and valuables functions to include in daily and weekly audits as appropriate.
- Interacts with other departments which may be impacted by Patient Registration Department process.
- Registers and pre-registers patients as necessary to support the team.
Must be able to push a wheelchair with a patient in it and maneuver through areas including doors, up and down ramps and elevators. Must be able to respond quickly to medical STATS and emergencies occurring in Patient Registration areas through physical support (i.e. escorting sick patients, rapid processing of blue plates and armbands). This position spends a great deal of the day working form area to area. Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an open office with some partitioned areas. Most work is performed at a desk using telephone and computer entry. Work is subject to heavy volume and frequent interruptions either by phone or by other employees. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree in Business or health related field preferred. Background in hospital based registration and health insurance required. Experience in hospital billing, follow up and certification preferred. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience preferred. Must be able to type 40 wpm. Must be a team player.