Adjunct Faculty II/PRN - Physics - Atrium Health Cabarrus College
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 12512
Job Family: Education, Training & Development
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11161010244003-General Education
Location: Cabarrus College Main - 401 Medical Park Dr
Provides a quality learning experience for students on a semester basis. Performs instruction and clinical related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of the college.
- Implements current, traditional, and innovative teaching methodologies whether in class, clinical or the laboratory setting to assist the learner in meeting the student learning outcomes of the course.
- Participates in the comprehensive evaluation process for courses, students, program curriculum and clinical units.
- Completes as directed all end of term responsibilities, including copies of exams, attendance records and all other designated materials to the Program Chair.
- Assumes the responsibility of being available for individual student conferences/instruction as indicated by the student's learning needs and serves as a resource to colleagues.
- Maintains proficiency in learner-centered instruction through distance delivery mechanisms.
- Participates in development of syllabi and courses with the Program Chair.
Visual and auditory acuity within normal limits or corrected. Periods of standing, walking, sitting, bending and stretching. Access to personal computer, broadband internet services and other requirements set forth on the online web site. Clinical Physical Requirements: Requires full range body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for long periods of time. Travel to clinical sites within geographic area. Possible exposure to infectious/contagious diseases, hazardous, chemicals and materials, needle sticks, blood and body fluids. Frequent moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds), pulling, pushing and carrying. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree with a minimum of 10 graduate hours in the discipline required. Minimum of 2 years post secondary teaching experience and/or clinical experience preferred. Current unrestricted valid license, certification and/or registration issues by the appropriate administrative body required.