Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 11572
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340907-Accounts Payable
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Performs duties of limited to moderate complexity, judgment, and scope, which include account analyses, reconciliations, and journal entry preparation for all facilities.
- Maintains efficient operations of department and ensures the timeliness, accuracy and quantity of departmental output is maintained in the absence of leader.
- Prepares recurring and non-recurring journal entries for departmental month-end closing process.
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations.
- Serves as contact person for regional facilities' departmental accounting functions.
- Answers questions from department leaders concerning department-related matters on biweekly and monthly reports.
- Maintains accurate and complete files which contain support for documents filed with Federal, State and non-government agencies.
- Maintains all record retention documentation.
- Provides direction of work activities for department clerks.
Work requires stretching and bending for filing and obtaining research records. Must be able to lift and transport reports, up to 20+ pounds. Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Majority of day is sitting.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 3 to 5 years experience required.