Pediatric Enteral Feeding Technician - LCH - PT Variable
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 11260
Job Family: Nutrition Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005032688-Enteral Nutrition - LCH
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Calculates, prepares, delivers and monitors specialized infant formula, modulated infant or pediatric formulas, human milk and medical nutrition supplements. Adheres to all sanitary regulations and standards established by regulating agencies and the health care facility. Performs inventory management, operates formula preparation equipment, maintains sanitation in the formula preparation room, performs quality improvement activities, completes temperature/sanitization records and communication of information through various telecommunication modes.
- Unpacks, labels and stores formula, donor milk, supplements, etc., in designated areas implementing FIFO (first in first out) method.
- Maintains sanitation in preparation and storage areas, including utensils and equipment; prepares enteral feedings using aseptic techniques.
- Removes unused, previously prepared infant formula/human milk from patient area refrigerators 24 hours after preparation time and discards according to established protocol.
- Completes daily census sheets indicating the number of prepared units. Completes daily donor milk logs indicating recipients of donor milk batch numbers.
- Uses clinical information systems to update patient formula/human milk orders, print labels, and production lists.
- Communicates effectively with allied healthcare team members regarding formula/human milk orders.
Requires standing for long periods of time, sitting, frequent moving about on foot, stooping, kneeling, twisting, crouching, or bending, frequent reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction and handling by seizing holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with the hand(s). Finger dexterity required. Must be able to see objects at a distance; must be able to discriminate color occasionally and perceive depth rarely. Requires occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in an applied science preferred with 6 to 12 months of clinical experience or a certification in Dietetic Technology from an American Dietetic Association approved dietetic program. 1 year experience working in medical field, pediatric population preferred. Registered Dietetic Technician by the Commission on Dietetic Registration preferred.