Clinical Lab Assistant I - Medical Group Family Medicine - FT Days
Gastonia, NC, United States
Job ID: 11830
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Specialty: Family Medicine
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 30171030733173-Family Medicine
Location: Gastonia - 1896 Remount Rd
Performs basic venipuncture procedures and urine macroscopic analysis. Prepares urine cultures to be sent to laboratory. Draws blood specimens by either venipuncture or micro method. Assists nurses and physicians as needed.
- Confirms patient identification and procedure information for accuracy on requisition.
- Draws and delivers blood specimens to the appropriate laboratory.
- Collects and packages urine samples that are sent to the lab for urine cultures.
- Records the patient's name and identification on each specimen.
- Maintains cleanliness, orderliness, and laboratory supplies within work area.
- Inventories and orders laboratory supplies.
- Performs daily quality control checks for all waived tests performed in the laboratory.
Stretching, bending, lifting, twisting, squatting, or kneeling is required. May require walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs, and assisting patients. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Exposure to biohazardous material. Teammates have the responsibility to work in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Must have successfully completed a college or hospital based phlebotomy course.