Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 13286
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 12011053143201-Quality
The Outcomes Specialist (OS) is responsible for leading continuous quality improvement and clinical outcomes for any assigned area, including system-level initiatives. The OS participates in strategic planning and may serve as team lead and precepts. Collaborates with key stakeholders and Quality Management staff to improve the value for our patients by evaluating opportunities for cost reduction, improving quality outcomes, and optimizing the quality and safety culture across the system.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Identifies system problems that impede attainment of clinical outcomes; analyzes and evaluates clinical data as it relates to clinical outcomes and resource utilization; interprets this information for other health care providers, communicating necessary strategies for improvement
- Assists in the development and implementation of system-level quality outcomes and cost/utilization initiatives with process improvement goals and strategies; organizes, leads (and participates on) system level process improvement teams and committees
- Provides best practice evidence for the development of standards of care/clinical guidelines/protocols in collaboration with multidisciplinary groups. Provides expert facilitation and coordination of patient populations along the continuum of care to achieve expected outcomes based on established evidence-based guidelines or protocols; focuses the activities of the healthcare team on the achievement of optimal outcomes, resource utilization, clinical expertise, and improvement strategies; incorporates population specific knowledge into practice area.
- Provides input into the content and dissemination of education and learnings across the system.
- Maintains a close working relationship with key stakeholders to optimize the quality and patient safety culture
- Organizes and coordinates annual reviews, and/or analysis and development of executive-level performance improvement plans.
- Utilizes facilitation skills (both team and individual), data analysis and statistical process control to effect improvement in clinical outcomes and serves as a liaison with information and analytics systems resources.
- Serves as a preceptor and mentor to others
- Develops an analysis to determine the return on investment (ROI) for the quality outcomes achieved
- Focuses on scholarship of outcomes achieved by submitting work for local, state, and national presentations and/or publications
Education, Training, and Experience
Master’s degree in Business or health-related field plus at least four (4) years of professional-level experience in quality management or healthcare. Experience with Atrium Health information systems platforms preferred. Leadership/management experience preferred.
Other Job Requirements, Licenses, Certifications
- Expertise in project management.
- RN or other clinical licensure preferred.
- Advanced computer skills with demonstration of skill and competence in use of all Microsoft Office applications required.
- Certification in Health Care Quality (CPHQ), patient safety or related accreditation entity desired.
- Application and knowledge of quality improvement concepts and theory required i.e. Model for Improvement, Lean Methodology, Six Sigma….
Must have the ability to clearly communicate verbally, in person, and in writing with internal and external customers must possess a strong sense of urgency and make sound decisions under pressure
Within limited time elements, carries out responsibilities in a professional manner at all times, as well as possesses ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other staff on an individual and team basis
Works in an office environment; requires walking, standing and long periods of sitting and computer use; intact sense of sight and hearing required
Travels to AH and non-AH business units as needed. Must have availability to occasionally work outside of business hours