Supervisor, Laboratory - LCI
Matthews, NC, United States
Job ID: 12288
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11171083939007-Laboratory - LCI
Location: Union West MOB 1, 1100 Healing Way, Matthews, NC
Performs supervisory functions in the general laboratory. Oversees the total operation of the Laboratory department and supervises the laboratory staff (including Med Tech and Venipuncture Tech). Responsible for scheduling, staffing, orienting/training new teammates. Ensures laboratory procedures are performed in accordance with prudent medical laboratory practice as defined in accepted standards of regulatory agencies and approved by the Medical Director of the laboratory. Maintains communication between the laboratory and other departments and administration.
- Coordinates the following laboratory sections: Hematology, Chemistry, Immunology, Clinical Microscopy, Phlebotomy and Point of Care Testing.
- Monitors records of expense, revenue and utilization for laboratory services.
- Monitors and prepares departmental quality assurance programs.
- Monitors departmental policy and procedure manuals and ensures their timely review and revision.
- Oversees research and development of new procedures and changes to existent procedures.
- Reviews staff mix and number of FTEs required to meet demands for laboratory services.
- Monitors job performance of laboratory teammates and ensures annual written performance appraisals are submitted on time.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards.
Works in a busy environment around physicians, technologists, technicians, other offices teammates, patients, sales representatives and visitors. Exposure to infectious materials, chemical hazards, and fire and mechanical hazards.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. MT (ASCP) registered required. 3 years experience in a clinical laboratory.