Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 12646
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004844011-Nursing Education
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
To assist nursing staff with the coordination of the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care to provide optimal/quality patient care. To coordinate and delegate nursing care for a patient population through the exercise of technical skills, professional judgment based on scientific knowledge, communication and defined organizational standards of practice and policy. To collaborate with leadership and identify growth and development needs of nursing staff and implement actions to promote this development. To serve as a clinical expert and resource for nursing staff members.
Additional Essential Functions:
• Follows organizational policy and procedure and department protocols and serves as a resource for others.
• Provides guidance to nursing staff in setting priorities in planning/organizing patient care.
• Provides guidance to nursing staff in evaluating patient response to nursing interventions and documents all significant information on appropriate patient care record.
• Provides guidance to nursing staff in identifying/communicating physical and psychosocial needs/problems of assigned patients.
• Communicates pertinent data to providers, unit leaders, and nursing/hospital staff.
• Anticipates changing patient care needs.
• Provides guidance/assistance in identifying and reporting pertinent patient care/nursing personnel/nursing unit problems and needs.
• Identifies and recommend learning experiences for new nursing staff.
• Performs routine and regular rounding on Transition to Practice (TTP) residents and communicates with appropriate leadership, nursing education staff, and other on progress, barriers, and areas of opportunity.
• Participates in special projects or performs other duties as assigned.
• Participates in the facility’s Performance Improvement program.
Additional Training and Certifications:
• Advanced and Pediatric Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to the American Heart Association required
• Appropriate professional certification required within 2 years of hire if not currently certified, CCRN certification preferred
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in critical care required
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required. Additional department specific physical requirements may be identified for unique responsibilities within the department by the department leader.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required; BSN preferred. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the department manager.