Pharmacy Technician I-Atrium Health's CMC- Swing Shift
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 10192
Job Family: Pharmacy Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039605-Pharmacy
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Assists the registered pharmacists in performing technical duties related to the distribution of drugs to patients. Monitors medication inventory levels and places orders to restock as necessary.
- Fills drug orders for all age groups from neonates to geriatrics under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
- Delivers medications and Transports medication carts to nursing stations.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and refers calls to a pharmacist when appropriate.
- Processes charges and credits for medications.
- Fills unit dose patient cassettes and refills Pyxis medstations.
- Documents and delivers controlled substances.
- Compounds and repackages medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
- Monitors medication inventory levels and places orders to restock as necessary.
- Demonstrates proper aseptic technique in the preparation of Intravenous admixtures.
- Fills Pass med and discharge prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Trains and orients new teammates to department workflow and procedures.
Works primarily in the pharmacy and within nursing units. The majority of time is standing. May include exposure to cytotoxic agents. Requires pushing carts and lifting delivery boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Pharmacy Technician Board Certificate is preferred. 6 months prior Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.