Cybersecurity Engineer - Intermediate - IAS Cybersecurity Leadership
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 11292
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342416-IAS Cybersecurity Leadership
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Under general supervision oversees overall security posture and risk management program as it applies to our computing environment for on-premise and cloud based solutions. Provides guidance to Associates.
- Works independently or with other Cybersecurity Engineers to maintain & implement cybersecurity systems.
- Maintains confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Computing Environment and enforce the Communication Environment Acceptable Use Policy.
- Participates in incident response as directed by management.
- Understands what is allowed by policy, how to apply basic security controls, and provides guidance to Associates.
- Adheres to the confidentiality of investigations, incidents, and forensics reviews.
- Manages cybersecurity projects with minor guidance and provide reporting to management. In some cases, ability to lead cybersecurity projects with autonomy.
- Provides cybersecurity training and perform presentations to medium size audiences of less than 100 people on cybersecurity topics.
- Works with sensitive information and engages with Corporate Privacy, the Office of General Counsel, and law enforcement; where directed by leadership.
Must be available for callback support on a regular basis. Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry objects up to 40 pounds. Extensive evening and weekend hours may be required during incidents, major project go-lives, or during downtimes.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associate's Degree required with 4 years relevant experience required or Bachelor's required; degree in Computer Science, Software & Information Systems, Management Information Systems preferred. 1 year of Information Security experience required; 2 years preferred. Security certification (Security+) preferred. General understanding of HIPAA requirements and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards required. General knowledge of most cybersecurity information security controls, infrastructure and implementation techniques and can support the organization with supervision required. Ability to work individually or within a group setting. Excellent oral and written communication skills.