Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) - Atrium Health Skilled Nursing - Huntersville Oaks - Full Time/Days
Huntersville, NC, United States
Job ID: 11229
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 43511033031526-Nursing Administration
Location: Huntersville - 12019 Verhoeff Dr
Oversees the direct provision of resident care and for assisting the manager with daily operations to include but not limited to coordination of resident care/outcomes, allocation of human and fiscal resources, communications, resident throughput, program development and oversight, resident, physician and employee rounding, selection, development, and retention of staff, clinical supervision and performance appraisal, performance improvement activities, service recovery and compliance with regulatory agency requirements. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Supports the manager to enhance the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing service administration, and delivery of care in the department.
- Engages teammates and provides leadership in the professional practice setting and nursing profession to serve as an effective change agent, maintain a healthy work environment, and promote innovation in care delivery.
- Coaches and counsels teammates and after consultation with the manager or administrative supervisor administers discipline up to and including written warnings. Provides peer coaching and may assist the manager preparing and delivering performance appraisals, and with interview, selection, and supervision of nursing personnel in the department.
- Assists the manager as needed with coordination of communication at regular intervals throughout shifts via staff meetings to exchange information/ promote dialogue with teammates.
- Collaborates with manager to ensure understanding and compliance with federal and state laws, to include healthcare services and practice, while complying with all required regulations and policies.
- Rounds on residents, teammates, and physicians at prescribed frequencies to gain insight into resident care, employee, and physician satisfaction and appropriateness of resident care and/or department operations.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Assists in evaluating progress towards goal attainment of expected outcomes and disseminates information to teammates involved with the care or the situation. Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary.
- Coordinates management of resident flow and staffing for the current and upcoming shifts through continuous assessment of acuity needs utilizing resources available to assist in provision of appropriate staffing resources.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling residents, medical equipment, and supplies. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. 2 years nursing experience preferred. BSN required. Non-BSN candidates for external hire or internal promotion must be approved by the CNE and must enroll in a BSN program within 1 year of Hire/Transfer date and must complete program within 3 years of enrollment in the program. Previous management experience preferred. Appropriate professional certification (within 2 years if not currently certified) required. Current RN license or temporary license as RN petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-NLC states, current RN license or temporary license as a RN Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.