Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 11130
Job Family: Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21071017240504-Administration - Operations
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
Works collaboratively with the Medical Director of the Atrium Health Violence Intervention Program (AH-VIP) and stakeholders to design and implement a pilot program sub-contracted through the Health Alliance for Violence Intervention (HAVI) to provide intensive case management and wraparound services for victims of violence presenting to an Atrium Health facility. Position will have dual reporting to Community Health and Acute Care Surgery, and will include supervision of AH-VIP Staff.
Manages all aspects of program administration, workflow, and operation, strategic planning, personnel management, public relations and promoting the program to the public. Duties include supervision of AH-VIP Staff, managing data, maintaining budgets, preparing grants proposals; functioning as a key liaison between stakeholders in Atrium Health’s Division of Community and Social Impact, Division of Acute Care Surgery, the City of Charlotte, and Mecklenburg County Public Health, regulatory agencies and relevant hospital programs
· Works with the Medical Director to develop, implement and recommend changes in program model; implements new clinical services as needed
· Ensures culturally appropriate continuum of services for clients
· Ensures fulfillment of HAVI-recommended process steps for program implementation
· Works with existing partners to ensure seamless delivery of services for high need clients
· Works with Principal Investigator and Clinical Supervisor to orient and supervise AH-VIP staff including training, mentoring and instilling a commitment to quality and excellence
· Monitors productivity and performance to identify and evaluate program/ department strengths and training opportunities in relation to operational effectiveness
· Provides trauma informed emotional support, mentoring, and advocacy to violence-involved young people who are seen as a result of community violence both within the hospital, in home, and in the community
· Provides referrals and intensive case management to assist in successful connection to community-based resources
· Maintains intensive follow-up contact with clients, family, friends and service providers through home visits and telephone contact
· Utilizes trauma informed modalities and interventions with clients, including Motivational Interviewing, Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention, Trauma Art Narrative Therapy, CBT, CPT and the SELF model
· Keeps consistent and accurate records of all contacts with clients in web-based database, and provides documentation needed for billing for services
· Disseminates information and resources to hospital staff, patients, community groups, local leaders and the general public
Generally, works in a hospital and office-based setting at Atrium Health facilities. Some of the time is spent in a community setting, meeting with external partners. On occasion, requires standing, walking and traveling in a personal car to other facilities. Also, occasionally requires carrying up to 25 pounds of materials (files, projectors, laptops). Position also requires strong communication skills as needed to build relationships with patients and work across multiple departments and external partners.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Requires a minimum of Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work, public health, health education, community development, human services, education, or public administration. Master’s degree preferred. Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare sector, non-profit sector or in a similar work experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership or supervisory role. Prior experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools is required. Applicants with work experience in trauma services/trauma informed care are encouraged to apply. Applicants with personal experience in overcoming adversity, violence-related injuries, and the criminal justice system are encouraged to apply.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
· Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
· Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
· Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and EquipmentAll related office equipment; computer, phone, calculator, printer, copier etc.