This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 11674
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11101005243603-Guest Services
Location: AH Cleveland - Admin - 201 E Grover St
Assists the Guest Relations Manager in coordinating and supervising the daily operations of the Guest Relations Program; directs the Guest Relations Representative and Guest Relations Specialists. Assists with the resolution of patient and family complaints and customer service issues.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily operations of the department.
- Acts as a professional role model to promote and resolve the needs of the patient, family and visitors in a caring, sensitive and responsive environment.
- Assists with orientation, scheduling training, and daily supervision of the Guest Relations Representative and Specialist staff.
- Acts as a resource to the Guest Relations Representatives and Specialists to secure appropriate referrals, solutions and services to meet the identified needs; these services may include services required under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VI.
- Assists the Guest Relations Manager by monitoring the department budget to include expenses and payroll to ensure departmental performance and productivity goals are achieved.
- Assists the Guest Relations Manager during periods of internal and external disasters, by leading the Guest Relations staff to assist in offering emergency care and comfort measures to the hospital and community as needed.
- Works closely with the management team to develop and implement inter-departmental programs for enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Assists with the education and implementation of all Joint Commission, DHSR, Health Department, System, Medical Center and departmental standards as they apply to the Guest Relations Program including personnel files, annual in-service education and training, reports and documentation.
- Assists with surveys, visits and inquiries. Participates as an interdepartmental/intradepartmental liaison, serving on hospital and community committees to promote the satisfaction of the patient, family and visitors and quality assurance.
- Responsible to promote a safe environment and perform all work related responsibilities in a safe manner.
Work requires walking, sitting, lifting and reaching. May come in contact with patients, families and their personal belongings including those contaminated with infectious and blood-borne pathogens. Must lift a minimum of 50-lbs. for moving and lifting patients in/out of wheelchairs. Must have the ability to clearly communicate in English. Intact sense of sight and hearing is required.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in healthcare and/or customer service preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Minimum of one year supervisory experience in the healthcare setting, customer service or social sciences preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Certified Notary Public required.