This job posting is no longer active.
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 12374
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 47331020231752-MedCenter Air
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. $7,500 for Full Time positions, In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Functions as a member of the transport team and is responsible for the care of ill and injured patients. Provides patient care while promoting safety and efficiency. Performs under the direct supervision of the Medical Control Physician, either by continuous radio contact or direct consultation. Maintains necessary certifications/licensures, skills, continuing education and complete competency checks as required. Maintains vehicles in a mission ready status.
• Completes skills check in a timely manner with accuracy.
• Maintains clean environment to include base and maintaining vehicles in a mission ready status. Check, restock and clean at the beginning of the shift and as needed throughout the shift.
• Provides accurate and legible documentation of patient care with attention to detail that accurately reflect assessments and interventions. Ensure that chart is placed in patient’s medical record in a timely manner. Review charts on a regular basis with leader/manager
• Provides quality patient care and education in accordance with policies and state regulations as approved by Medical Director and professional standards of care.
• Administers medications and IV solutions safely, correctly and per policy.
• Follows guidelines and procedures independently when Medical Control is not available via radio or direct consultation.
• Assists with other activities which includes but not limited to public relations and marketing activities when needed.
• Follows safety guidelines and procedures; ensures seat belts are worn by crew and passengers.
• Follows vehicle assignments as needed/directed by department. Maintain flexibility with vehicle assignments including the understanding that vehicle assignments are subject to change from a posted schedule based upon the needs of the department.
• Drive in accordance with Atrium Health policy as well as local and state regulations
FTE is hired for 40 hours per week – 4, 8, 10 or 12- hour clinical shifts. In addition, training, education and call may be required. Day, night and weekend work is required. Must be willing to cover open shifts on short notice. Duties require working, transporting and driving in all weather conditions to include exposure to extreme hot, cold and wet weather. Must not have any physical, emotional or mental impairment to prevent them from riding, driving or administering patient care in a transport vehicle. This work area may have cramped space and be poorly lit. Noise levels are moderate as associated with working in and around emergency
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
vehicles. Hearing protection is available and required for use around "hot" aircraft. Requires handling of patients that may have infectious diseases, possible exposure to unpleasant conditions and/or handling of contaminated materials or patients. Requires ability to function in high stress situations. Must have critical thinking skills that enable the employee to make rapid, appropriate decisions that ensure the safety of both the crew and patients. Must have ability to concentrate. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Heavy lifting required, with the assistance of a partner to load/unload patients and carry equipment. Good physical stamina and endurance necessary to perform duties. Employee must maintain fitness standards in accordance with policy. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch with good finger dexterity. Good motor skills and eye/hand coordination required. Requires good personal hygiene and appropriate conduct. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include, but not limited to, speaking proper English in understandable terms.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school graduate or GED required. Successful completion of an accredited EMT-Paramedic training program required. Current NC EMT-P certification required. SC EMT-P and National Registry Paramedic certifications preferred at time of hire; SC EMT-P and National Registry Paramedic required within 90 days of hire and required to be maintained throughout employment. BCLS and ACLS required. PALS, S.T.A.B.L.E. and NRP preferred; required within 90 days of hire. Approved trauma certification required within 6 months of employment. Current driver’s license (prefer NC/SC) with no more than 6 points on license required. Atrium Health approved driving course to be completed within 90 days of hire and maintained throughout employment required. One-year active field pre-hospital experience required. Three years total paramedic experience preferred. Annual completion of safety briefings and annual survival training required. Must have a valid driver’s license and qualify as insurable by Atrium Health insurance carrier requirements for driving MedCenter Air vehicles. Must have an operational smartphone for use as communication device related to MedCenter Air operations.
Upon completion of orientation, incumbent is required to obtain within eighteen (18) months from that date a Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) approved specialty certification. This specialty certification must be maintained throughout employment. Recognized CAMTS specialty transport certifications are identified in the current edition CAMTS Accreditation Standards available at www.camts.org
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Operate medium to heavy duty truck with automatic transmission, power steering and power brakes. Generators, secondary heat and air condition units, other vehicle systems, isolettes and stretchers. Non-invasive monitors, AED, oxygen and medical air delivery devices, suction unitsand other related medical equipment necessary to perform required functions. All related office equipment and supplies.