Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 11203
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47331020243403-Fleet Services
Location: Charlotte - 5315 Morris Field Dr
Work as a team member of Mobile Medicine and Mobile Treatment Facility (MTF) to support the staff in delivering optimal patient care in the pre-hospital and hospital setting in and out of state, as needed. Promote a positive professional image of Atrium Health. Provide coordination or support of activities involving the upkeep, maintenance and possible deployment of the Mobile Treatment Facility (MTF). Make arrangements and/or perform routine maintenance of Mobile Treatment Facility, including the tractor, tractor trailer and generator and related equipment. Will perform and/or oversee preventative maintenance (electrical, plumbing, general construction and carpentry) for MTF. Have working knowledge of both tractor and tractor trailer systems. Functions as the Department’s first responder to problems associated with MTF. Must be able to operate and drive MTF when needed and available to drive in short notice depending on situation.
• Able to proficiently assist in set up and breaks down of MTF and related logistics functions. Assists supervisors with logistical matters, and maintaining records for Mobile Medicine members.
• Maintain a constant state of personal and resource readiness for emergencies while on duty. Restock supplies and report deficiencies in equipment.
• Willing to travel in and out of state on short notice depending on deployment.
• Adhere to Atrium Health corporate safety standards, policies, and procedures.
• Report any safety hazards to the supervisor on duty, Medical Director or Operations Manager.
• Be familiar with policies and procedures of home department, facility, MED-1,and Atrium Health.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisors.
• Promote the team effort through positive attitude, open communication, and flexibility when interacting with patients, customers, and other health care profession peers.
• Uphold the mission statement of Mobile Medicine and Atrium Health
• Ability to provide or oversee full maintenance of MTF and also routine upkeep of assigned vehicles and /or equipment.
• Ability to mobilize and replace equipment, as needed for MTF as given direction by Operations Manager.
• Must be able to drive vehicles safely in all types of weather. Demonstrate proficient ability to make general repairs to vehicles during operations.
• Oversee deployment of vehicle in emergency situations. May be needed to deploy with short notice. May be deployed into austere environments with limited conveniences. May be deployed for indeterminate time periods.
• Keep record of MTF resources before, during and after deployment.
• Perform general housekeeping duties with regards to MTF.
• Have general skill set regarding trailer and rig mechanics, plumbing, carpentry, electrical and preventative maintenance as well as medical and non-medical
• Possess great customer service, communication and coordination skills.
• Facilitate and communicate repairs that require specialized skills through outsidevendors.
Duties require good physical stamina, endurance and body mechanics which would not be adversely affected by having to lift, carry, and balance at times in excess of 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance). Work in extreme environmental conditions with limited resources / support as well as emotional circumstances can be expected. Hearing must be in normal range as well as near visual acuity to be able to take accurate vital signs and to detect any deterioration in the patients’ condition. Good motor coordination is required. Normal eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity is necessary to perform
duties. Must also have good oral communications skills.
Education, Training, and Experience
Education / Licensure:
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Must have valid NCDL, CDL-Class B, or obtain within one year of hire.
- Good customer service and communication.
- Able to operate in a truck and warehouse environment.
- Have knowledge of current policies and procedure of the health system, and other regulating organizations, including but not limited to JCAHO, local,
state, and federal regulations.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses theability to respond to age specific issues and data reflective of the patient’s status. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the following age groups:
NA Neonate Infant Child Adolescent Adult Geriatric
Protected Health Information:
Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job. Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes. Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID andpassword.
Machine, Tools, and Equipment:
All related medical equipment and supplies as used with the MTF
Treatment Facility – SRU, ECU, and ACU.
Familiar with medical equipment and tools relative to MTF and the upkeep needed for said Facility. Also, have a general understanding of the patient care