Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 10119
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Specialty: Cardiac &Thoracic Surgery
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005032044-Perfusion
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Clinical and administrative oversight of the perfusion department. Coordinates staff, develop and maintain department protocols, operating procedures collaboration with surgeons. Oversees supply management and equipment maintenance. Manages department budget.
• Leads the perfusion department.
• Manages staffing requirements per department standards.
• Ensures protocols are up to date.
• Ensures and oversees department participation in quality program.
Intermittent to rapid pace with high pressure situations, requires periods of prolonged concentration and critical thinking. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support 50 lbs. in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, manual dexterity, good eye hand coordination. Standing and walking while wearing lead radiation protection aprons. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Potential exposure to radiation, secretions and blood. Travel required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an accredited perfusion school. Certified Cardiovascular perfusionist. Current NC licensure. Minimum 3 years of experience.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Related medical and office equipment and supplies.