Clerical Team Lead
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 11510
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011044332947-Oncology - LCI Medical
Location: Pineville - 10660 Park Rd
The Ambulatory Clerical Team Lead is responsible for leading the day to day responsibilities related to scheduling appointments, referral management, registration and check in, and the like. This individual will be a subject matter expert in their area of responsibility.
- Follows relevant job description requirements for clerical teammates responsible for leading and as applicable to the department (i.e.: Patient Services Specialist, Imaging Specialist, Office Clerk Receptionist, Care Coordination/ Authorization/ Scheduling Specialist, etc.)
- Develops and distributes all required reports and metrics applicable to the department.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service skills and leads and trains others to enhance customer service to the team.
- Identifies variances in performance of the department and works with team members to meet expectations.
- Trains and assists new team members in the onboarding process for the department.
- Reports issues to the department supervisor or manager as applicable that they cannot resolve with recommendations for how to address performance concerns.
Work consistently requires long periods of sitting, computer and phone use. Work requires some walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must have intact senses of sight, hearing and touch. Must be able to speak and articulate clearly. Works in a fast paced environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in healthcare related field preferred. Medical, secretarial, and/or customer service experience required. 2 years in a medical office setting preferred. Experience as CMA/RMA, MOA or in a call center environment preferred.