CT Technologist Weekender Atrium Health Union West PT Nights
Matthews, NC, United States
Job ID: 10859
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11171083939321-CT Scan
Location: Atrium Health Union West 1000 Healing Way, Matthews, NC
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus!
Experienced CT Techs are eligible for a bonus up to $10,000 for Full Time positions or up to $5,000 for Part Time positions.
In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and a Career Advancement Ladder.
Performs procedures in accordance to the departmental protocols and standards. Operates CT Scanners, IV contrast injectors, O2, suction equipment, patient transport and patient monitoring equipment. Performs all patient interactions with AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank You).
- Examines requests and verifies orders of each assigned patient. Refers and questions orders to the Radiologist before performing exam. Contacts ordering physician when there are discrepancies.
- Correlates other test results and laboratory data with exam being performed.
- Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist, or registered nurse.
- Reviews in-patient and outpatient/clinic charts to obtain pertinent clinical history and records medical history on requisitions.
- Verifies the patient by checking armband and validates proof of identity. Performs CT Scanning and assists Radiologist during invasive procedures. Prepares and administers IV contrast according to departmental protocols.
- Performs basic patient care functions and informs appropriate nursing personnel of any changes in the patient's condition.
- Evaluates technical quality of images and consults with a Radiologist if needed. Recognizes abnormal anatomy and processes any additional, reconstructed images, and/or measurements as instructed.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the Radiology Engineer.
- Assists other medical personnel, such as anesthesia, when performing exams or services in conjunction with a CT Scan.
This position requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies. Motor coordination needed to operate heavy and delicate equipment. Occasional standing, walking and sitting during normal operation. May be required to stretch, bend, twist, squat or kneel in the daily operation of the CT department. Must be able to understand and perform CT procedures including invasive procedures. Vision and hearing for distances up to 10 feet is necessary. May be exposed to various physical conditions throughout the day such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs, being near moving equipment. Able to adapt to changes in temperature and humidity. Required to use radiation safety guidelines to prevent exposure to ionizing radiation.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an Accredited 2 year AMA and ARRT Approved Program in Radiologic Technology required. ARRT and CPR certification required. 1 to 2 years experience in Diagnostic Radiology or 1 year experience in CT Scanning or equivalent applicable experience required. Positive interpersonal communication skills required. IV Certification required before performing venous contrast administration. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.