Echocardiography Technologist II, Atrium Health Cabarrus FT
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 10492
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004832062-Echocardiography
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Performs cardiac ultrasound studies including 2D, M-Mode, pulsed and color flow, stress echo in a physician office or hospital setting.
- Performs diagnostic echocardiograms and stress echo procedures as ordered by physicians.
- Records quality information while performing echocardiographic imaging and following procedural guidelines and protocols.
- Explains procedures and possible side effects to the patient or family members.
- Confirms all physician requests and evaluates patients’ clinical history for proper clinical indicators and possible contraindications for procedure requested.
- Collaborates with physician to ensure quality patient care.
- Operates equipment used to perform echocardiograms.
- Maintains patient medical records.
- Organizes 3 stages involved in the reporting process: study completion, physician interpretation and final report.
- Submits final reports to appropriate nursing unit, physician office or medical records as requested.
- Performs portable diagnostic echocardiograms.
- Accepts charge and preceptor responsibilities upon request.
- Takes call, works weekends and rotates holidays as needed.
Involves exposure to infectious/contagious diseases and hazardous materials. Environment is climate controlled. Light to moderate physical requirements with frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Lifting of up to 200 pounds of weight with assistance. Pushing and pulling of up to 450 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of a cardiac ultrasound training program required. Completion of certification or registry in Echocardiography (RDCS) required. BLS required. 5 years of sonographer experience required. Proficiency in basic echo, stress echo, TEE and 3D or advanced procedures required. Meets all qualifications of Echocardiography Tech II ladder requirements.