Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 9394
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 55541005030001-Emergency Department
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Job SummaryCollects, enters and analyzes research data. Provides reports using computerized databases and information systems. Prepares reports from requests from the director, faculty, study sponsor, and outside collaborators. Designs, implements, and evaluates request using databases as information source.
Additional Essential Functions:
• Communicates with Research Coordinator, Primary Investigator and Sub-Investigators of clinical studies to coordinate study activities
• Schedules patient visits, laboratory and diagnostic test procedures.
• Orders supplies and equipment according to protocol needs
• Recruits and screens potential patients and obtains informed consent under the supervision of the Research Coordinator and/or Investigator
• Assists with the design of organizational tools and forms to facilitate accurate data collection and recordkeeping.
• Collects blood and other specimens after appropriate training is attained.
Work consistently requires sitting for 5-6 hours. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and manual dexterity. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner.
Additional Physical Requirements:
• Work in clinical care areas and office environments.
• Requires contact with study patients.
• Handling or processing of specimens.
• Travel to various clinical research sites.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or health-related field required but Associates Degree and equivalent work experience will be considered. Training in information systems technologies, desktop application, and databases required. Experience with analytical software and database analysis and reports preferred.
Additional Training and Certifications:
• Phlebotomy certification or venipuncture skills preferred.
• BLS HCP certification from AHA preferred.