Atrium Health Union West
In order to bring high quality, convenient access to care for the residents of western Union County, Atrium Health is building a new hospital campus.
Opening late 2021, Atrium Health Union West will be located at the intersection of Independence Blvd./Highway 74 and Stallings Road in Stallings, NC. The hospital will offer emergency, inpatient and outpatient care in Union County to better support the needs of the community.
Hospital features and services
The new hospital will include:
- 40 licensed acute care beds
- 28 medical/surgical acute care beds
- 8 labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms
- 4 ICU beds
- 10 emergency department bays open 24/7 with helipad
- 3 operating rooms
- 1 endoscopy suite
- 1 C-section operating room
- Imaging services
- Laboratory services
- Pharmacy services
Square footage: Approximately 150,000 square feet
Medical office building
In addition to the hospital, Atrium Health is building a 40,000 square foot medical office building on the same site to house physician practices including:
- Cardiology (Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute)
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Oncology (Levine Cancer Institute)
- Sleep Medicine
Atrium Health is committed to providing the highest quality care, comprehensive services and convenient access to all our patients, including those in the Stallings and Indian Trail communities we are privileged to serve in western Union County.
Supervises and coordinates hospital activities with emphasis upon communications, patient throughput, patient experience, rounding for quality, safety and operational efficiency, performance improvement activities, service recovery, and compliance with regulatory requirements interacting with nursing and hospital teammates in daily operations. Authorized to act as the administrative designee on behalf of and in cooperation with Administration responding to immediate needs or as requested by the Administrator-On-Call to investigate or respond to requests for information, follow-up or assistance with complaint investigations or emergency events. Promotes a safe environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency in the supervision of patient care.
- Communicates administrative problems and actions taken to the respective nurse leader, Administrator-On-Call when appropriate, and/or the appropriate senior administrative leader Rounds on all units to assess overall efficiency and productivity and gain insight into patient care, teammate, and physician satisfaction and appropriateness of patient care.
- Guides the staff in understanding and compliance with state and federal laws concerning healthcare services and practice, compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, and company policies and procedures
- Assists with coordination of communication at regular intervals throughout the shifts via huddles, rounds, or other types of meetings to exchange information and promote dialogue
- Assists with appropriate utilization of resources (human and fiscal) to meet patient care needs
- Supervises the performance of nursing personnel, identifies problems, initiates corrective action, and communicates/provides documentation of actions/investigative findings to the appropriate department manager, Nurse Leader and/or the Administrator-On Call
- Provides advice and assistance to nurses in administering new or unusual treatments or medications, interprets policies and procedures for teammates, patients/families, and visitors, and responds and assists with emergencies
- Coordinates shift management of patient flow/throughput including participation with patient placement meetings/huddles or other departmental meetings to accommodate and plan for new admissions/transfers throughout the shift as well as working with interdisciplinary teams to facilitate timely admissions and discharges
- Monitors staffing for the current and upcoming shifts through continuous assessment of volume/acuity needs utilizing resources such as the Float Pool and PRN personnel or reallocation of personnel when indicated to assist in provision of appropriate staffing resources
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, & touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking & ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. Two years nursing experience preferred. Previous management experience preferred. BSN required. RN candidates for external hire or internal promotion without BSN must be enrolled in a BSN program within 1 year of hire/transfer date and must complete program within 3 years of enrollment in the program. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider from AHA required. CPI certification required within 90 days of hire date. Appropriate professional certification (either clinical or leadership) is required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam.