Atrium Health Union West
In order to bring high quality, convenient access to care for the residents of western Union County, Atrium Health is building a new hospital campus.
Opening late 2021, Atrium Health Union West will be located at the intersection of Independence Blvd./Highway 74 and Stallings Road in Stallings, NC. The hospital will offer emergency, inpatient and outpatient care in Union County to better support the needs of the community.
Hospital features and services
The new hospital will include:
- 40 licensed acute care beds
- 28 medical/surgical acute care beds
- 8 labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms
- 4 ICU beds
- 10 emergency department bays open 24/7 with helipad
- 3 operating rooms
- 1 endoscopy suite
- 1 C-section operating room
- Imaging services
- Laboratory services
- Pharmacy services
Square footage: Approximately 150,000 square feet
Medical office building
In addition to the hospital, Atrium Health is building a 40,000 square foot medical office building on the same site to house physician practices including:
- Cardiology (Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute)
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Oncology (Levine Cancer Institute)
- Sleep Medicine
Atrium Health is committed to providing the highest quality care, comprehensive services and convenient access to all our patients, including those in the Stallings and Indian Trail communities we are privileged to serve in western Union County.
Responsible for the direct provision of patient care and for assisting the manager with daily operations to include but not limited to coordination of patient care/outcomes, allocation of human and fiscal resources, communications, patient throughput, program development and oversight, patient, physician and employee rounding, selection, development, and retention of staff, clinical supervision and performance appraisal, performance improvement activities, service recovery and compliance with regulatory agency requirements. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Supports the manager utilizing systematic approaches to enhance the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing service administration and delivery of care in the department
- Assists with interview, selection, and supervision of nursing personnel in the department
- Assists with coordination of communication at regular intervals throughout shifts via staff meetings/huddles to exchange information/ promote dialogue with teammates
- Collaborates with manager to ensure understanding and compliance with federal and state laws, to include healthcare services and practice, while complying with all required regulations and policies
- Rounds on patients, teammates, and physicians at prescribed frequencies to gain insight into patient care, employee, and physician satisfaction and appropriateness of patient care and/or department operations
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Assists in identifying expected outcomes to provide direction for continuity of care/department operations
- Assists in evaluating progress towards goal attainment/achievement of expected outcomes and disseminates information to teammates involved with the care or the situation
- Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary
- Coordinates management of patient flow/throughput and staffing through continuous assessment of volume/acuity needs, utilizing resources available to assist in provision of appropriate staffing resources
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. Minimum two years nursing experience preferred. Previous management experience preferred. BSN required. RN candidates for external hire or internal promotion without BSN must be enrolled in a BSN program within 1 year of Hire/Transfer date and must complete program within 3 years of enrollment in the program. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to the American Heart Association. Appropriate professional certification (either clinical or leadership) is required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.