Supervisor - Respiratory Therapy Atrium Health Union West FT
Matthews, NC, United States
Job ID: 10861
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11171083933313-Respiratory Care
Location: Atrium Health Union West 1000 Healing Way, Matthews, NC
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus! Registered Respiratory Therapists are eligible for a $10,0000 sign-on bonus with a 3-year commitment for full time and some part-time positions. In addition to our robust benefits packages and paid time off, you are eligible to participate in the Respiratory Clinical Ladder after 6-months employment.
Supervises individuals who perform all aspects of services rendered by the Cardiopulmonary Services department throughout the facility. Consults with physicians on the effectiveness of therapy, makes appropriate recommendations and provides direction to the nursing staff. Assists staff in direct patient care duties to include diagnostics and therapeutics.
- Coordinates and Supervises clinical activities of the cardiopulmonary staff.
- Assures the appropriate quality of care is administered as designated by physician orders or protocol.
- Conducts orientation for new employees and coordinates continual education of staff.
- Maintains & evaluates supplies and equipment.
- Assures that JCAHO standards and organization clinical policies are being followed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of departmental goals.
- Provides direct patient care as needed.
Position requires repetitive physical activity with considerable walking and standing. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Work requires the ability to move patients of all age groups and equipment. May be exposed to odors, low lighting, and crowded working conditions. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy and 2 years of experience in an acute care facility or a RRT equivalent with a minimum of 4 years experience in an acute care facility is required; Bachelors preferred. Licensed as a Respiratory Care Provider by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board and registered as a RRT through the National Board for Respiratory Care required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider from AHA is required. Supervisory experience preferred. Advanced certification may be required per facility.