Atrium Health Union West
In order to bring high quality, convenient access to care for the residents of western Union County, Atrium Health is building a new hospital campus.
Opening late 2021, Atrium Health Union West will be located at the intersection of Independence Blvd./Highway 74 and Stallings Road in Stallings, NC. The hospital will offer emergency, inpatient and outpatient care in Union County to better support the needs of the community.
Hospital features and services
The new hospital will include:
- 40 licensed acute care beds
- 28 medical/surgical acute care beds
- 8 labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms
- 4 ICU beds
- 10 emergency department bays open 24/7 with helipad
- 3 operating rooms
- 1 endoscopy suite
- 1 C-section operating room
- Imaging services
- Laboratory services
- Pharmacy services
Square footage: Approximately 150,000 square feet
Medical office building
In addition to the hospital, Atrium Health is building a 40,000 square foot medical office building on the same site to house physician practices including:
- Cardiology (Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute)
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Oncology (Levine Cancer Institute)
- Sleep Medicine
Atrium Health is committed to providing the highest quality care, comprehensive services and convenient access to all our patients, including those in the Stallings and Indian Trail communities we are privileged to serve in western Union County.
Assesses, plans, coordinates, and evaluates the clinical and operational functions of a nursing unit to ensure quality, cost effective health care is provided by an educated and competent team. Promotes a safe environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
- Continually demonstrates and supports a Professional Practice model that allows nurses to work in collaboration with interdisciplinary partners to achieve high quality patient outcomes.
- Ensures that unit operations and employees are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, regulatory agency standards, and policies and procedures.
- Functions as a team member to accomplish goals and objectives of the unit and the organization, upholding quality management, patient care, and departmental standards.
- Assumes responsibility in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff and to ensure appropriate orientation, education, credentialing and continuing professional development of personnel through mutual goal setting and performance evaluation.
- Delegates effectively by promoting shared governance, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes.
- Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education.
- Participates with performance improvement activities to improve quality of nursing care, promote patient outcomes and provide a cost effective environment for patient care.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and standards reflective of evidence based practice.
- Promotes shared accountability for professional practice.
- Allocates resources to meet the unit needs. Responsible for budgetary oversight, and along with staff involvement, accountable to the organization for maintaining a cost effective unit.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and / or unit/department conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred. Must have or complete MSN if undergraduate degree is not BSN. Enrollment in MSN program within 1 year of hire/transfer date and graduation of MSN program required within 5 years of hire. If undergraduate degree is BSN, a masters Degree from a health-related program or MBA is acceptable. Previous management experience preferred. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider from AHA required. Appropriate professional certification (either clinical or leadership) is required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.