Clinical Analyst - Intermediate - IAS Clinical Analytics and Clinical Quality Informatics
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 11517
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342573-IAS Clinical Analytics and Clinical Quality Informatics
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Oversees the access, clinical synthesis, distribution and analysis of internal and comparative data to proactively lead improvement opportunities in enterprise-wide clinical performance and outcomes. This position is responsible for ensuring submission standards are met for the appropriate governing entities.
- Ensures integrity, accuracy, validity and comprehensiveness of data.
- Verifies the accuracy of collected data and adherence to standards; resolves conflicts with data and detailed understanding of data definitions.
- Completes generic, department, and database-specific skills.
- Determines data needs and preferred data source and also defines report needs.
- Assists in development of program(s) to create the report.
- Evaluates report requests and provides basic reports as requested to customers.
- Participates in development of data variables, collection processes, standards, and data dictionaries.
- Works with internal and external data providers to ensure accurate data is available in a timely and accessible manner.
- Integrates standards of care/clinical guidelines/protocols in collaboration with multidisciplinary groups and evaluates for process and outcomes improvement.
- Identify opportunities that impede attainment of clinical performance and outcomes.
- Analyzes data to identify patterns and trends areas for improvement.
- Serves as a resource for the development and implementation of action plans for process and practice improvements.
- Measures and evaluates implemented changes/actions.
- Provides educational offerings for team members & physicians related to quality topics.
Works in an office environment, sitting at a desk, working with a computer, talking on the telephone, and preparing reports and other statistical data. Some of the time is spent in meetings at a variety of facilities, On occasion, requires standing, walking and traveling in personal car to other facilities. Occasionally requires carrying of up to 25 pounds of materials (files, projectors, laptops). Requires the ability to work rapidly and accurately under pressure, to work in a safe and effective manner, and to handle different issues and priorities simultaneously.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Bachelor’s degree in health related fields or Registered Nurse and 2 years experience in health related field required. Experience with healthcare data in a healthcare organization preferred. Thoroughly understands the elements of registries and databases relevant to assigned projects and identifies data integrity issues using complex analysis of the data. Communicates effectively in verbal, written, and electronic formats with team members, supervisors, department heads, and all clients using appropriate terminology and grammar. Proficient using computer software tools and Windows operating System. Strong organizational and time management abilities. Strong ability to apply the principles and practices of data management. Ability to work effectively and independently manage tasks in a fast-paced environment. Ability to analyze and solve issues and problems. Ability to initiate and follow through on programs of both short and long term duration.
EMR (Cerner or Epic) and cardiac cath lab/ICU experience