Certified Anesthesia Technician - Atrium Health Main (Full Time Days)
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 10007
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030151-Anesthesia
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
The Anesthesia Technicians primary function is to provide support and assist the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) and the anesthesiologist. Responsible for ensuring operating room is set up with all supplies and any necessary specialty equipment for all cases in the operating room. Ensure all equipment has required maintenance completed
- Demonstrates working knowledge and skills necessary to arrange for the provision of appropriate care for the newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric population of surgical patients.
- Checks and restocks anesthesia carts, omnicells, operating rooms, machine drawers, etc. to ensure adequate par levels of items are maintained. Rechecks par levels throughout shift and restocks as needed.
- Performs anesthesia machine check and shows competency with this skill.
- Assembles IV fluid sets and transducer sets for anesthesia use per protocol.
- Cleans all anesthesia equipment after use per department protocol.
- Ensures all equipment, parts and supplies are in working order, (monitors, cables, leads, blood warmer, blood pressure cuffs, doppler probes, tubing, suction cannisters, airway carts and equipment.), as well as calibrates and records results of daily equipment checks.
- Assists the anesthesia providers with placement of lines, and is available during critical times (airway emergency, trauma, code blue).
- Maintains supply inventory and assists with stocking equipment room throughout the shift.
- Positions patients for anesthetic procedures.
- Assists in the movement of anesthesia equipment from the operating room or storage area to outlying areas supported by anesthesia (NORA locations).
- Follows core specific set up guidelines for all cases/cores assigned.
- Possesses an understanding of pharmacology, anatomy and physiology as it applies to anesthesia care.
- Prepares and operates the Rapid Infusion system for processing delivery of blood products during surgical procedures and trauma
- Acts as a leader and resource for Anesthesia technicians
- Participates in providing support services for complex cases that may include, but are not limited to, liver transplant, pediatric heart, trauma and cardiothoracic services.
Frequent moderate to heavy lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying. Frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Working conditions include general hospital environment with frequent exposure to chemicals, pathogens, patient blood and body fluids and medical gases. Fast-paced, high tension environment with sense of urgency for supplies and equipment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. Certified Anesthesia Technician required. 2 years relevant experience preferred. BLS required