Imaging Manager Atrium Health Union West FT Days
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 10744
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005639495-Radiology Administration
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
Supervises, plans and assists with the operational aspects of assigned performance centers in regard to all services and programs rendered.
- Collaborates in administering and establishing new department policies and procedures within diagnostic radiology. Assists in planning new diagnostic services and facilities, equipment, and personnel needs.
- Addresses employee, patient, and physician complaints. Follows up on error correction and establishes corrective action to address identified problems within 24 hours.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual capital equipment and operation budget. Continually monitors and maintains the monthly budgeted figures. Completes detailed monthly variance reports with adequate explanation.
- Recommends and justifies all new changes (provides detailed cost analysis), and changes to all existing charge structure.
- Collects, generates, analyzes, and distributes statistical data and reports as requested or required.
- Evaluates and counsels employees relative to their job performance, conduct, and adherence to department and hospital policy.
- Attends, conducts, and coordinates various diagnostic section meetings with staff and managers.
- Recommends hiring, promotion, discipline, and termination of employees. Also, demonstrates competency in interview techniques and appropriate selection of staff.
- Assures that high quality standards are maintained by regular review and monitoring of results.
Frequently required to stretch, bend, twist, squat and kneel while assisting with procedures in any of the diagnostic areas. Lifting, pulling, pushing and gripping may be required for moving patients, equipment and supplies. Vision and hearing for distances of at least 20 feet is essential. Manual dexterity is required for operating diagnostic equipment and personal computers. Majority of time spent sitting and performing administrative procedures with the use of computers or office equipment. Walking or standing while monitoring department activities, assisting in patient care and attending hospital functions is required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology required. Must be certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Minimum of 3 - 5 years previous management experience with preference of a Bachelors of Science Degree in a related field required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.