Maintenance Mechanic III-Pineville-7AM to 3:30PM-FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 11376
Job Family: Management Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11071005441904-Plant Operations
Location: AH Pineville Main - 10628 Park Rd
The Maintenance Mechanic III performs all the essential duties and responsibilities listed for the position and as defined by responsible supervisor. Keeps the Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance and the administration of any applicable assigned facilities informed regarding equipment failures and power outages that affect the safety or operation of the facility, its patients, visitors, and/or staff. Takes the necessary steps to limit damage and initiate necessary repairs when abnormal conditions are identified.
- Makes building system repairs and replacements as assigned (see attached appendices for job specific functions). In the absence of other trades personnel, perform a variety of repairs on any and all equipment as required to ensure that safety and patient care are not affected.
- Performs job responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Secures parts and supplies through the storeroom. Select and request materials appropriate for the assigned job.
- Reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and manuals to implement work.
- Documents timesheets and work orders using computer based systems.
- Collects and records all regulatory documentation.
- Performs a variety of planned maintenance tasks and/or inspections on assigned equipment or area.
- Assists outside service personnel, inspectors and vendors.
- Has good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of hospital personnel
- Performs routine inspections and repairs on aesthetic issues.
- Supervises other subordinate mechanics and contractors on assigned work.
- Able to lift 75 pounds.
- Must be mobile to include ability to access rooftops and crawl spaces
- In performance of duties, will be required to climb, lift, crawl, and, squat and kneel.
- Possible exposure to electrical shock hazards, severe weather conditions, infectious disease and hazardous chemicals
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of computers and office equipment required
- Three to five years applicable experience required
- Valid driver’s license required
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
- Sufficient knowledge of hand and power tools to complete assigned tasks.
- HVAC, Fire Systems, or Plumbing (experience or universal license)