Faculty - Carolinas College of Health Sciences Radiology Technology
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 10084
Job Family: Education, Training & Development
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 55511016844212-X-Ray Technology
Location: Charlotte - 2110 Water Ridge Pkwy
Participates in curriculum planning, implementation and evaluation, as well as, instruction and clinical supervision of the students according to the program philosophy, organizing structure, objectives and school policies.
- Promotes the college's core values and standards of excellence through teamwork, caring, commitment to our mission and values, integrity, respectful communication, maintenance of a safe and professional environment, synergistic partnership with those we serve, and anticipation of students, colleagues and customers needs.
- Implements current traditional and innovative teaching methodologies in accordance with objectives in class, clinical and laboratory setting.
- Participates in comprehensive evaluation process for courses, students, curriculum and clinical units.
- Assumes responsibilities for maintaining office hours, serving as resource to colleagues and serving as an advisor to assigned students.
- Participates in college activities, committee meetings and in student functions.
- Maintains clinical and professional competence for the clinical areas as assigned.
- Utilizes computer aided, simulated laboratory, client care equipment and teaching equipment competently.
- Maintains professional level of confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting clients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must hold the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist certification and active registration in the pertinent discipline. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years full-time experience in radiologic technology. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA.