This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 9957
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 12011053132681-Infusion Center
Nurse Manager - Breast Center Atrium Health Navicent
Full-time Monday - Friday
Breif Overview of role:
The Nurse Manager of Breast Care and Infusion provides professional nursing care on assigned unit according to State Board of Nursing guidelines and established ANA Code of Ethics. Coordinates the work of the unit, provides direct supervision, coaching, and mentoring to professional and nonprofessional personnel providing direct and indirect patient care on one special nursing unit. Collaborates with other health care disciplines and departments in providing a continuum of care to the patient. Accountable for assisting in financial planning and control, nursing standards, nursing plan for provision of care, nursing performance review, and quality assurance for assigned areas. Serves as a coach and preceptor/mentor to other professional and nonprofessional personnel. Serves on councils and other hospital or unit-based task forces/committees. Responsible for human resource management, assists with development of unit goals and assures that these are operational. Conducts certification course for MCCG nurses who require biotherapy/chemo administration certification. Works to develop physician referrals for Infusion Center. Collaborates on referral development, community outreach and education. Provides daily operational and clinical leadership on the assigned unit.
1. Education: Associate’s degree in nursing. Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum of three years of professional nursing experience preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred
3. Certification/License/Registration: Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.
4. Position Titles and Number Supervised: Clinical Nurse, Clinical Technician, Medical Receptionist; Nurse Externs, Nursing students- number of direct reports varies
5. Special Training/Skills: Must possess good verbal and written communications skills, demonstrate discretion in handling confidential information, and demonstrate flexibility in meeting needs of staffing and census fluctuations in terms of schedule. Must be able to utilize initiative and independent action when required within the general framework of professional assignment. Must be able to lead, coach and precept effectively. Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with patients and family members, physicians and staff.