Clinical Value Analysis Facilitator- Weekdays-Day Shift-FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 10088
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343012-Clinical Value Analysis
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Acts as a liaison between supply chain, Premier Inc, clinicians, physicians and other care providers to ensure quality and safety of selected products for optimal patient care. Reviews and assesses applicable financial, clinical, operational, evidenced based literature and appropriately assists PEPS/COB teams in the selection, evaluation, monitoring, analysis and implementation of cost-effective products, services and processes in the healthcare system. Facilitates coordination between departments to achieve target goals set by administration. Uses designated methodology for calculating savings targets and tracking realization based on savings categories, contract compliance, utilization review and new technology cost avoidance.
- Serves as the Materials Resource Management liaison with assigned PEPS teams.
- Responsible for designated PEPS team processes which includes clinical product discussions and facilitating contract decisions across CSS; product conversion and implementations, and assisting with contract compliance throughout GPO.
- Responsible for setting up new product trials and ensures evaluations are completed ethically, unbiased, and in a professional manner.
- Continually seeks opportunities to obtain best valued cost effective products to maintain and/or improve quality and safety of patient care.
- Responsible for ongoing collaboration with physicians while working on Physician Preference items. Provides interactive model and include physicians early in all discussions: selection process, clinical outcomes, cost benefit, standardization opportunities.
- Ensures accuracy in PEPS team cost savings and team accomplishments.
- Serves as a liaison to Premier Inc. and ensures all LIDN, SPG, PACER and S2S contracts are executed with accurate product comparisons to maintain quality and safety of patient care. Works with CSS Contracts department to ensure accurate cross reference for all Premier contracts are complete.
- Participates as a facilitator, chair, co-chair or ad hoc member on hospital system committees or sub-committees. Participation includes but is not limited to interaction between CVA PEPS and other supply related committees, teams, task forces and work groups, Capital Equipment (as it relates to process, structure and standardization /utilization).
- Assists other departments outside PEPS on System-wide initiatives as needed in relation to supply chain related products and processes. Departments may include but not limited to the following: Infection Prevention, Risk Management, Clinical Pathways, Clinical Resource Management, Quality Management, Employee-Patient Safety, Policy and Practice Council, Clinical Optimization, etc.
- Serves on MRM committees such as PCM implementation, MMUG meeting, and any other committees requested by management.
Work requires sitting at desk for prolonged periods of time while working at the computer or on telephone. Travel is required to attend PEPS team meetings, Regional GPO facilities and affiliate sites.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or 10 years RN plus associated healthcare resource or materials management experiences required. RN License required. Minimum of 2 years experience in acute care clinical setting required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel required. Must be able to conduct presentations and facilitate large group meetings.