Supports the department with assigned projects and duties that will enhance their college study and objectives.
• Performs duties including patient and family visits, delivery of support services, studies, investigations, research projects, and other assignments.
• Provides administrative coverage of the office such as answering phone and maintaining computer data. Types documents such as letters and creates spreadsheets and presentations.
• Assists with research projects, data analysis, and/or creating various reports. Assists with entering data and filing.
• Communicates verbally and in writing with all levels within Carolinas HealthCare System and with the public.
Work requires walking, sitting, lifting and reaching overhead. Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds, shoulder height. Must be able to push patients in wheelchairs or supplies on a rolling cart. Intact sense of sight and hearing is required. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School, Undergraduate, Masters or Postgraduate enrollment required. Excellent planning, prioritizing, oral/written communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and team skills required. Ability to work collaboratively as a team member and ability to respond creatively to a rapidly changing environment required. Computer skills required.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Computer and printer, telephone, fax machine and copier.