Orthopedic Technician - Atrium Health Main (Weekender)
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7951
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011040033098-Orthopedic Services - Inpatient
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
The orthopedic technician assists with cast room procedures, application of traction, and the distribution and maintenance of orthopedic equipment. Cast room procedures are performed under the direction of the Physician, and/or Mid Level Providers. Overall responsibilities are performed under the general supervision of the registered nurse.
- Performs casts, cast reapplication, and splint application under the direction and by order of the Physician or Advanced Care Practitioner (ACP).
- Monitors and maintains all orthopedic equipment and supplies.
- Provides instructions to patients and family members according to approved protocol and/or the plan of care under the direction of the Registered Nurse, Physician, or Mid Level Provider.
- Performs cast reapplication with Physician's or ACP's orders.
- Prepares patient for routine examination and procedures and sets up rooms.
- Performs simple, non-sterile dressing changes on wounds greater than 48 hours old.
- Performs order entry of labs, x-rays, etc.
- Cleans rooms and instruments according to OSHA and TJC standards.
- Assists Clinician and/or RN with procedures performed in the patient care setting.
- Recognizes and provides for cultural and language differences of the patient/family.
- Assists with the retrieval and checking of prior films.
- Performs facility acuity coding by selecting the appropriate level of service for a diverse.
Work requires standing, walking, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds in handling patients and medical equipment and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or clinic conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. Training and experience as an orthopedic technician is preferred. Orthopedic technologist certification is preferred. Completion of an approved Nurse Aide II training program is preferred. Current listing with the Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide II is preferred. BLS HCP from AHA certification required.