This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 10342
Department Name: 51011028342302-Human Resources Talent Acquisition and Workforce Administration
Applicants currently employed by Navicent Health, Wake Forest Baptist Health, and Atrium Health will be considered with priority for this position. To apply to this opportunity, please copy and paste this link in a new browser window.
The Senior Compensation Administrator supports the implementation, communication and administration of the faculty and physician compensation programs, policies and practices to ensure they are competitive, cost-effective, internally equitable, and compliant with all applicable regulations. With limited guidance and direction, performs market pricing and research and analysis and makes recommendations consistent with Medical Center compensation philosophy, established policies, market practice and business needs. Job responsibilities will include independently managing compilation, completion, submission and analysis of salary surveys on an annual basis specific to faculty (both clinical and basic science/research) and physicians, reviewing all salary offers for new hires to ensure offers are market-based and equitable, collaborating with finance, legal, internal audit and senior executive leaders on compensation trends for faculty and non-faculty providers. Position will conduct complex analytical work to include modeling, forecasting, reconciliation, and auditing of multivariate compensation components coupled with Human Resources data. Additionally, position will administer the quarterly and annual variable/incentive programs including preliminary analysis and reporting on fair market value and salary equity. Incumbent should have a solid understanding of the complexities involved in physician and/or faculty compensation (funds flow, incentives, and research/education) and with measures of productivity such as wRVUs, preferably within an Academic Medical Center or large physician group. This position will interface with senior level leaders and support the operations of the University Group Practice and the Wake Forest Health Network.
Supports the implementation, communication and administration of the staff, admin, APP, faculty and physician compensation programs, policies and practices to ensure they are cost-effective, internally equitable, externally competitive and compliant with all applicable regulations. With limited guidance and direction, performs job evaluations, market pricing and research and analysis and makes recommendations consistent with Medical Center compensation philosophy, established policies, market practice and business needs. Develops and maintains collaborative team and HR client relationships to ensure effective and efficient delivery of compensation support to the business. Advises and acts as expert resource to other analysts as well as HR and external partners. Provides market and business insight and ability to ensure compensation decisions are aligned with the needs of the business to drive results.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Human Resources or related field with five years of progressive compensation experience, including the administration of base, bonus and incentive programs required. Master's degree preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
1. Leads planning, administration and communication of compensation programs, major projects, and practices for assigned areas.
2. Completes job evaluations/re-evaluations, market and FLSA analyses, maintaining data according to established guidelines.
3. Ensures internal equity and external competitiveness by proactively monitoring business practices, legal requirements, economic indicators, and competitive practices. Uses market, business insight and compensation expertise to ensure decisions are aligned with the needs of the Medical Center for driving results.
4. Independently makes salary recommendations for new hires, promotions and other adjustments. Focuses on service delivery by providing timely and accurate outcomes, minimizing the need for retroactive pay. Establishes market pricing methodologies.
5. Participates in compensation surveys, analyze results, and make recommendations for changes to salary grades, structures or pay practices based on market indicators. Calculates the cost of required adjustments, presents results to leadership and develops plan and implements approved changes. Recommends contingency requests for unanticipated needs.
6. Serves as consultant and expert resource to HR and external partners in all areas of compensation, including market pricing, internal equity, retention and overall pay practices.
7. Evaluates special pay practice requests, researches current and best practices, and makes recommendations to leadership. Provides ongoing management and evaluation.
8. Creates and manages job descriptions for assigned areas.
9. Participates in the administration and oversight of the annual merit process with planning, advising and maintaining compliance with program guidelines, reporting, and ensuring program integrity.
10. Provides recommendations based on analytics and modeling for the design and implementation of compensation programs. Performs comprehensive research and thorough planning and evaluation of competitive compensation solutions.
11. Recommends revisions to internal processes and plans to enhance efficiency, cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness and support of business objectives.
12. Manages effective relationships with survey vendors, external consultants and service providers.
13. Provides bonus and incentive plan administration, audit and modeling support.
14. Complies with internal and external audit requirements of the company?s compensation programs, ensuring accurate and timely internal and external reporting of compensation programs and practices.
15. Maintains knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations related to compensation.
Highly analytical, results and process oriented with strong attention to detail
Skilled at problem solving and able to drive results
Possesses critical thinking skills to assess relevant information
Demonstrates consulting, influencing and partnering skills
Demonstrates business insight with ability to apply a business driver and marketplace focus on work
Advanced skills in Excel, experience with economic and financial modeling and forecasting required
Effective communication skills, adept at tailoring both oral and written communication based on the audience
Demonstrates accuracy and systematic approach to work
Strong interpersonal skills, credibility, discretion, ethics, and integrity required
Customer and team focus
Experience in a large, complex organization with consulting or advisory experience preferred
Clean, comfortable, office environment
Subject to many interruptions
Stressful at times
Subject to irregular hours
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.