Clinical Staff Pharmacist-Atrium Health Lincoln
Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 9337
Job Family: Pharmacy Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11091005339605-Pharmacy
Location: AH Lincoln Main - 433 McAlister Rd
Oversees the provision of safe and effective medication therapies through collaboration with the patient’s care team. Reviews physician orders for drug therapy and monitors this therapy for drug choice, dosage, drug interactions, adverse drug reactions, and formulary adherence. Serves as a drug information resource to nurses, physicians, and other healthcare workers.
- Retrieves and evaluates relevant biomedical literature, formulates an appropriate response, and provides concise and timely response to drug information requests.
- Uses effective patient education techniques to provide counseling to patients and caregivers, including information on medication therapy, adverse effects, compliance, appropriate use, handling, and medication administration.
- Provides accurate shift to shift communication regarding unresolved situations requiring future action.
- Collects information needed to design medication therapy regimens and determine the presence of medication related problems with current therapies.
- Designs, recommends, monitors, and evaluates patient specific pharmacotherapeutic regimens. Implements recommendations effectively and utilizes the existing clinical intervention policies and procedures and documents in the medical record using the appropriate format.
- Participates in the management of medical emergencies.
- Precepts pharmacy students and pharmacy residents.
- Prepares and dispenses medications in accordance with best practice, policies and state and federal regulations. Manages medication therapies using clinical guidelines.
- Checks the accuracy of the work of pharmacy support team members or others in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures. li>
Works primarily in the pharmacy. Delivers medications to nursing units. Requires considerable walking, standing, pushing mobile cart of 50 pounds maximum and lifting 25 pounds of material. May be required to frequently stretch, bend, squat, or kneel to perform job. Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to minimize exposure to hazardous agents. Takes necessary precautions to avoid inadvertent needle sticks, minor cuts or bruises. Exposed to various conditions throughout the workday such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs and changes in temperature and humidity. Must be able to perform manipulative skills such as writing, typing, and data entry into the computer and automated dispensing machines. Must have use of both hands, be able to see clearly and read small type such as that on unit-dose medication packages and syringes. Must be able to speak and be understood by others to communicate effectively. Must be able to hear normal sounds with moderate background noises. Involves rotating shifts.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or a Pharm D. from an accredited school of pharmacy required. Licensed in the state of North Carolina or eligible for reciprocity required. Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred. Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills with patients, visitors, and other healthcare team members to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality of patient care required. Medical Center Rx only – Immunization Certification required