Medical Laboratory Technician I - 1st - Chemistry - PT
This job posting is no longer active.
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 7843
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039002-Chemistry
This is Sign-on Bonus Eligible. $5,000 sign on bonus for full time and $2500 for part time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
This position can be filled with an MT or MLT
Performs laboratory analysis on received specimens, providing clinical information for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. Responsible for overall quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of assigned technical duties.
- Demonstrates proficiency and follows testing procedures and policies by adherence to quality assurance guidelines for equipment and work area, documenting corrective action to any non-conforming event.
• Prepares reagents, maintains an adequate supply of materials for test procedures and manages inventory to effectively reduce departmental waste/expense.
• Exercises clinical judgment in assessing priorities while identifying, problem solving and offering solutions to test systems through the appropriate department channels, i.e. contacts hotline to troubleshoot with a specialist when necessary to resolve the issue or set-up service when appropriate.
• Assists with review and revision of procedures and documentation related to accreditation, adhering to all regulatory requirements for various authorities, including but not limited to CAP, TJC, OSHA.
• Maintains clear, real time communications shift-to-shift and with leadership regarding issues, concerns and problems which may affect patient care or the operation of the department.
• Participates in planning and implementing change through participation in staff meetings, task forces or projects.
• Willingly performs all other duties as assigned
Works in a fast-paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associate’s degree required, MLT registry eligible or equivalent required. MLT (ASCP) or equivalent required within one year of hire.