Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 4527
Job Family: Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 25241044032871-Neurology
Location: Pineville - Neurology - 10620 Park Rd
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite Board-Certified General Neurologists to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our General Neurology team at our Neurosciences Institute in Gastonia, NC.
The physician is a patient-centered, system-oriented teammate who manages the care of all patients within their primary practice/clinical setting. The physician leads an interdisciplinary team to perform assigned clinical duties, while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of Atrium Health, supporting our mission, vision and values.
· Performs medical history, physical examinations, routine assessments and determines treatment plan for patients.
· Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a timely and medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record
· Acts as a patient and family advocate for the population served
· Participates in continuous quality improvement priorities, service delivery processes and service excellence initiatives
· Adheres to access & productivity policies & protocols to ensure that patients’ access to convenient care is optimized
· Adheres to standards and care protocols to deliver appropriate, innovative and cost-effective care management in-person and virtually
· Actively and regularly participates in the assigned meetings/committees
· Models Atrium Health Core Values
· Adheres to Medical Group Minimum Work Standards
· Ability to provide patient centered care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health
· Ability to demonstrate knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical and cognate (epidemiological and social-behavioral) sciences and the application of this knowledge to patient care
Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
· Ability to investigate and evaluate patient care practices, appraise and assimilate scientific evidence, and improve their patient care practices
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
· Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and teaming with patients, families and professional associates
· Ability to demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles and sensitivity to a diverse patient population
· Demonstrate an awareness of and responsibilities to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value
Education, Experience and Certification:
Degree of MD or DO from accredited medical school
Board Eligibility in a clinical discipline is required; Board Certification in a clinical discipline is required within three years of start date/contract effective date; Once obtained, Maintenance of Certification is required
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED:
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to age specific issues and data reflective of the patient’s status. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the following age groups:
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION:
Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job
Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes
Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.