Unit Coordinator II
Mint Hill, NC, United States
Job ID: 8804
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 25221017240006-Virtual Care
Location: Mint Hill - 11304 Hawthorne Dr
Leads the planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating activities at the centralized command center by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining a safe environment. Controls the processes of scheduling all surgical procedures, data entry into the computer system, reconciling patient charges, copies records, fax and relay messages.
- Manage the maintenance of a variety of databases, spreadsheets, and project documents that Unit Coordinators utilize.
- Oversees the Unit Coordinators, organization of interdepartmental needs of scheduled cases, i.e. room availability.
- Distributes daily surgical schedule for distribution and/or viewing on computer monitor, by appropriate areas within the established time frame.
- Assists with ongoing education and communicates changes.
- Serves as a resource to others and as a preceptor to new employees.
Work requires the ability to tolerate lengthy periods of sitting, walking on hard surfaces, changes in temperature and humidity. Demonstrates the ability to react and perform appropriately in stressful situations. Knowledgeable regarding standard precautions and can act appropriately if exposed to blood or body fluids. Must be able to lift, push and pull less than or up to 20 pounds. Will be able to walk, stretch, bend, climb stairs, twist, and squat or kneel in performing office tasks, running errands, and transporting materials. Must be able to use hands for gripping, speed and precision work, during the operation of the computer and accessories. Vision and hearing for distances of up to 20 feet is required. Depth perception should be within normal limits and should be able to distinguish basic colors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 1 year experience as a UCI or equivalent preferred. 6 months computer operation experience with data entry on a mainframe preferred. Notary required.