Cardiovascular Cath Lab Specialist Atrium Health's CMC FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 8779
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005032059-Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Provides professional care in the various Invasive Cardiac, Pediatric and Peripheral Laboratories in accordance with hospital policies and procedures under the supervision of the Technical Operations and/or Nurse Manager.
- Performs care for the comfort and well being of the patient.
- Performs and/or assists with treatments, therapies, and procedures (including scrub assistant, monitoring and circulating) under the direction of the physician.
- Administers medication under the direction of the direct supervision of the physician.
- Documents a current clinical picture and records designated information in the patient record.
- Utilizes verbal and non-verbal communication in interactions with patients, families, visitors, physicians, nursing and hospital personnel.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Calculates, interprets and analyzes data.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and standards of care reflective of current practice/literature.
Intermittent to rapid pace with high pressure situations, requiring periods of prolonged concentration and critical thinking. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, manual dexterity, good eye hand coordination. Standing and walking while wearing 10-20 lbs lead radiation protection aprons. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Potential exposure to radiation, secretions and blood. Confined work area.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Satisfactory completion of high school and an accredited program of Cardiovascular/Cardiopulmonary technology, The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, nursing or related field required. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist/Electrophysiology Specialist training or experience preferred. Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Certification, Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist Certification and/or equivalent certification required. Maintains current BLS, ACLS and CCI requirements.