Patient Services Specialist - Rehab Servcs - Union Main
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 8115
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005637653-Rehabilitation Services - Outpatient
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
Performs clerical duties. Offers assistance to patients, physicians, team members, visitors, etc., and communicates with all healthcare disciplines. Adheres to System guidelines at all times.
- Communicates with patients, visitors, physicians, nursing team, and various healthcare team members by answering telephone and providing assistance.
- Places calls to physician offices and related hospital departments to schedule appointments, tests and procedures.
- Operates and delivers copier material to communicate schedule to other departments.
- Ensures patient follow up appointments are scheduled as needed.
- Prints computer generated forms and maintains an appropriate supply of charts.
- Conveys relevant information to the appropriate team members.
- Maintains the patient waiting area and updates family as needed.
- Locates H&P's and assures they are in the patients chart.
Work requires waling, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Data entry experience and/or experience in healthcare preferred.