This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 8231
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Pediatrics, Specialty
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 27321005032811-Neonatology
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital located in Charlotte, NC is seeking a full time highly skilled and motivated Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, to join our team of Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) in the Neonatology unit.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) in beautiful Charlotte, NC, committed to being the region’s leading provider of pediatric health care services, has 11 floors and 234 inpatient beds. Our Level IV neonatal unit is comprised of a 32-bed neonatal progressive (convalescent) care nursery (NPCN) and a 53-bed neonatal intensive care nursery (NICU). The Division of Neonatology physicians and APPs staffs five neonatal intensive care units in the Charlotte region. Our neonatal unit is a regional referral center offering Total Body Cooling, ECMO, CT Surgery Services and all Subspecialty Services. Our current team of over 30 Neonatal APPs are specifically trained and proficient in the provision of neonatal care under the direct supervision of Neonatologists working for Levine Children’s Neonatology Service Line. The Neonatology APP is responsible for evaluating, stabilizing, and treating patients with both acute and chronic illness. This includes but is not limited to the care of patients requiring ventilatory management, pre and post-operative patients, infants with severe and or complex congenital anomalies and life-threatening illness. In addition, this includes evaluation, stabilization, and initiating cardiopulmonary resuscitation in our labor and delivery unit and in the emergency room. The Neonatal APP is also involved in the admission and discharge process.
• This position is an opportunity to become part of an outstanding and dynamic team of Neonatal APPs who are involved in quality improvement, research initiatives and education of NNP students and Pediatric Residents, Pediatric ED Fellows.
• 24/7 Unit Coverage
• Day, Evening, Night and Weekend coverage; No call
• Weekend Coverage Begins Friday at 7pm through Monday at 7am.
• Competitive Base Salary and a Full Comprehensive Benefit Plan
• Eligible for incentive pay for additional shifts, PTO and Performance Incentive Bonuses
• $2500/1 standard work week for CME
• Graduate of an accredited NP program or accredited Physician Assistant program.
• Current license to practice or eligible to practice as an NNP, CPNP-AC, or PA in North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required. AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program provider or instructor status required. PALS certification preferred. NC Compact State RN Licensure for NPS.
• Master’s degree required for NPs and PAs or doctorate in nursing practice. NNP Certification from the National Certification Corporation (new graduates may apply before certification granted but employment contingent upon certification) or PA-C credential.
• Candidates must demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills for working in a fast paced, high acuity, high census work environment. Ability to thoroughly evaluate maternal, fetal and neonatal history and perform thorough physical assessment, developing and articulating a sound plan of care. Able to demonstrate competency in core skills of the NNP role including endotracheal intubation and airway management, umbilical line insertion, arterial puncture and peripheral arterial line placement, needle thoracentesis and chest tube insertion, lumbar puncture, ventricular access device (not cardiac) aspirations, and exchange transfusion. Able to evaluate, assess, and monitor for neonatal co-morbidities.